Had a fantastic mastermind session with my team earlier today. We discussed the Law of Intentionality from John Maxwell’s 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth. One of the highlights of today’s session was our discussion around the “Growth Gap Traps.” There are 8 of them:
- The Assumption Gap. Growth will happen automatically.
- The Knowledge Gap. I don’t know how to grow or get started.
- The Timing Gap. Now isn’t the right time or I’m waiting for the right time.
- The Mistake Gap. What if I screw up? What if I fail? (What would people think of me if I do?)
- The Perfection Gap. I want it to be perfect. I haven’t figured out the perfect plan yet.
- The Inspiration Gap. I’m not inspired yet to seek growth. I’m waiting for the right inspiration.
- The Comparision Gap. I’m not better than him/her. I’m just not as good as XYZ. Even if I try would I ever become as good?
- The Expectation Gap. Boy, this is hard! I didn’t expect this to be hard. I thought this was quick and easy. This is taking way too much time that I’d imagined.
Sound familiar? I’ll be covering the Timing Gap in detail tomorrow. It’s one of the gaps that I’m personally working on.